[Sca-cooks] Period vegetarianism

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 12 19:20:28 PST 2002

At 06:47 PM 11/11/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Can't....looks like someone checked it out a while back....Lainie? Ohhh,
>Lainie! Didn't you take it last?
>--maire

>> If you've been on this list a while, "brown glop" should be a pretty
>> familiar term, already in your lexicon. See the Big Book in the
>> Cathedral Library, Basement Annex. It describes most early-period
>> pottages, according to Cariadoc, or at least that's my understanding.
>> It should be noted that Cariadoc is more or less a _supporter_ of
>> brown glop. "Vegan brown glop" is merely a subset.
>>
>> Adamantius

Oh no, you don't! I haven't been anywhere near that book in ages. And I
didn't check it out- it was in the reserve reference section- the alarms
will go off it you try to take it out of the annex (don't ask how I know-
just trust me on this).

As far as brown glop goes, everything looks nicer with a sprinkle of spices
and a shred of carrot or orange peel in a nice little curl on top...

'Lainie