[Sca-cooks] pomegranite question

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 12 07:40:23 PST 2002

> There's a cook up here who routinely freezes pomegranate seeds when in
> season to use in a pomegranate chicken recipe. I would, too, but don't have
> the larger freezer (G).
>
> Morgana

    That's wonderful to hear!  Do you know if she just freezes bags/jars
full, or if she spreads the seeds to freeze, then bags them?  I suspect
I'll go the bag route, as I have limited freezer space (it's a
side-by-side), so getting a large flat surface in it to freeze a tray of
separated seeds would be difficult.  And I probably won't be needing just
a small number of seeds for garnish, rather than a cup or two of them at
once for a recipe.  Thanks.

Sandra