[Sca-cooks] buying meat was vegetarian

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Nov 12 09:47:13 PST 2002

> Only thing most can think of, is that there's some kind of price fixing
> going on, in order to continue to drive small farmers out of business. If
> you can, stock up now while the prices are low, because I'm betting there'll
> be a swing the other way in a few monthes.

Well, yes, they are... prices generally go up at that time of the year.
But I believe that Phlip is thinking that there may be artificial
shortages/price increases. Given the state of the market that she
describes, that may well be the result even with no other artificial
controls.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I used to be one of them. Now I rather think I'm one of me." -- Terry
Prachett, _Thief of Time_