[Sca-cooks] Cooking Rice

P. A. Stonnell hlisobel at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 12 10:16:02 PST 2002

At 10:41 PM 11/11/02 -0500, you wrote:
>> My system for large amounts of rice goes as follows:
>
>Um, guys, can we take my question out of this, as it has nothing to do
>with any of these methods of cooking rice-- the issue in MY question had
>to do with pre-cooking things because we would only have a few hours'
>access to the kitchen. I have been told by some people that they really
>dislike re-heated rice, so I felt that pre-cooking it was not going to
>work.

Have you tried boil-in-bags?  That's how we do rice if we are not cooking it
in the oven.  Pre-cooked rice in vacumm sealed bags (we double or even
triple bage,
these are not the real thick bags, but the thinner ones).  Big pot of
boiling water,
drop in bags of rice to warm.  Rice does not dry out, had not collected
flavours
while sitting; which may be why some people don't like re-heated rice.

Isobel fitz Gilbert