[Sca-cooks] Period vegetarianism, 'Lainie looses her cool

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 12 20:29:49 PST 2002

At 11:02 PM 11/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
>how is this relavent????
>in period my persona may not have been a vegetarian.  but if, for whatever
>reason, *I* am a vegetaria what then???.... so i should violate my ethics...
>morals... and maybe my allergies.. to eat meat? i dont think so.
>
>this doesnt mean an entire feast has to change to suit me... but it does
>mean it is UTTERLY unreasonable to expect me to "eat in character" if doing
>so violates my integrity....just as it is utterly unreasonable to have me
>give up my glasses because my persona would not have had them.

Then you missed my point.

Serve vegetarian dishes, if you want.

But don't make excuses how it's period because the Cathars did, or whatever.

And don't pretend that we aren't bringing our modern world in. Becasue we are.

BTW, I wear glasses. Anyone who wants to complain is welcome to sit next to
me at table. Then I will put away my glasses, pick up a knife...

'Lainie