[Sca-cooks] RECIPES for Elizabethan veg food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 12 20:49:35 PST 2002

Lady Katherine Rowberd said:
> OK, I thought I'd post some of the actual recipes I've got so far,
> for those who are interested.  All are from English books published
> between 1550 and 1620.  Some are very slightly modified from their
> original form, but usually just in ways suggested by the original
> recipe.  There are a couple of vegan (no eggs, dairy, honey, etc)
> dishes, a few different proteiny ones, and a range of
> colours/textures/flavours.
<snip of recipes>

Thank you! As I mentioned earlier I did not have any specific file
on Elizabethan foods, much less vegetarian ones, to offer you.
With this message I now have the start of various examples of
specific Elizabethan vegetarian compatible foods and this will
most likely eventually be turned into a file for others with
questions similar to your original one.

If you have more of these to add to this file, or if you would
like to turn these into an article, I would certainly be interested.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com