[Sca-cooks] Cost of feast

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 20:42:06 PST 2002

Well, that's a fair question.  $9.00 is high for us, that being the Above
the Salt price.  Usually we run a feast for around $7.00.  Sometimes a buck
less, sometimes a buck more.  For that lunch is served to everyone on a
first come, first serve basis.

I have at hand here an example of a feast that, actually, I was head cook
for back last year at Garb Wars.  Can't recall the cost of feast though, but
most likely it was the 6 or 7 dollar price.
The menu looked like this;
First course~
Tart for an Ember Day
Pickled mushrooms
Gravlax
Tea Eggs
Bread/butter/cheese
*between, jelly in lemon peel

Second course~
Roasted beef served on bed of frumunty with horseradish sauce
Fried spinach
Spicy chickpeas
*between, milk jellies with mint

Third course~
Grilled lamb
Saffron rice
Asparagus with sauce Bob

Dessert~
A pie of pears

Off hand I cann't recall what the soltie was.  We almost ALWAYS have one.
Generally we have three courses.  It is more typical of our group to end
with a dessert board where several volunteers will whip up their favorites
and do a sensational presentation with it/them.  Folks in our area know this
and try hard to save room.
Olwen