[Sca-cooks] Some Drakey Pictures

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Tue Nov 12 22:36:40 PST 2002

> Drakey, tell me about this period camp tavern!??!

Well, it's trying to get away from the Rowany Festival tavern which
suffers from:  Commercial Grog, lack of period chit chat, lots of crude
pickups.

The Period Camp Tavern was due to happen last year but the three
organisers had issues (Gunnric's wife had a baby, Taffy bought a house,
Drakey got separated).  It's inaugural start is Easter 2003.

Period Tavern will have:

	Period Tent and beer garden,
	Free Grog (to period primary recipes outo 1700, so digby meads
are ok)
	Invite only (so we don't get drunk dry in 10 secs),
	No riff-raff,
	No non-period behaviour or non-period chit chat,
	No pickups unless you can document them,
	Musicians (hopefully),
	Fresh embroidered linen,
	Clean un-chipped tankards,

> (Hoping to make it home for Rowany Festival 2004, and bring at least
one
> Canadian friend with me.)

Woo Hoo!  Let me know before you come so I can arrange an invite.

Drakey.