[Sca-cooks] Anybody made Welserins Spanish Pastries?

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 13 12:34:43 PST 2002

<Olwen, seriously in need of a nap> Maybe it's because I'm tired, but does
this sound like the basic pecan twirl
> to anyone else?  Except with almonds which would have been period, as
opposed to pecans.

That is kinda why I was wanting to try it out. The way I figured it would go
is to roll out the dough so it is like a long skinny rectangle, probablly at
least 3:1 proportions length to width. Put on the filling and roll it up
like a jelly-roll and then you basically have a big long sausage shaped
tube. Then I figured I would cut it into pieces down the length (kinda like
swiss cake roll size) and then you pinch the ends so you have a closed short
cylinder. Put them in a baking dish with lots of butter & bake.

At least that is the plan - I just need to figure out the dough - hence the
qustion here.

Glad Tidings,
Serena