[Sca-cooks] Anybody made Welserins Spanish Pastries?

El Hermoso Dormido ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net
Wed Nov 13 13:11:29 PST 2002

Reading this, I was similarly picturing something like a pecan roll, or
perhaps "Ho-ho's".  That would give you something like short "sausages"
of pastry filled with nuts 'n' sugar 'n' butter.  When you cook it, the
butter could very well run out the ends, so "closing up" the ends keeps the
filling in as it cooks.  Plus, you get the appearance on the outside of
a sort of "bread stick" which has hidden filling, which I gather is a
rather "medieval" thing to do...

So, in other words, roll out a big rectangle of dough, cover it with filling,
roll it up into a long "log", cut into "finger-food-size" lengths, close
the ends, and cook.

Of course, the comment about turning the underside to the top confuses me a
bit...

My interpretation anyway.

Great, now I'm all hungry...

Signed,
El Hermoso Dormido, now reminded just how good German medieval cooking
sounds...