[Sca-cooks] Interesting Idea for a Challenge

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 13:21:45 PST 2002

>It can be done, and it can be done REALLY inexpensively.  I've also been
>known to recommend to total newbies on a budget that they hit the Martha
>Stewart bed sheets aisle, where you can find a flat twin size sheet for
>about $4. That's quite enough to make a t-tunic or even a moderate
>dress.  It's not the best stuff on the planet, but it washes/wears well,
>and it will get you by until you figure out just what you want to do when
>you go to buy the nicer stuff.
>
>Regards,
>Maggie MacD.

Boy, this hit home.  Since I am usually in the kitchen or helping set up
stuff, and since I am 9th century anyway, I don't have any use/need for
fancy garb.  Very many of my tunics and short tunic type overdresses are
made from sheets I have picked up in second hand stores for a buck or two
then washed and bleached the hell out of.  I have also found that making
quickie tunics for toddlers is easy as pie if you get a pillowcase and some
seam binding used as trim to cover the cut ends, thus eliminating the need
to hem~!
Hmm..food content...my boss just gave me a sweet potato pie (individual)
that was waaaayyy too sweet for my taste, plus it was very soft.  I suppose
I shall have to go and make a real one for him...
Olwen