[Sca-cooks] Dutch Food

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 17:03:44 PST 2002

--- "Jones, Craig"
<Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Need some help...  I'm trying to get together
> some info for a friend on
> Dutch cooking.  So far I have 4 potential
> sources:
>
> "Een vijftiende eeuws Zuid Nederlands
> kookboek", 1473,
>
> A manuscript, a collection of recipes from
> Gent, has no name and is
> estimated to have been written between 1490 and
> 1525.
>
> "Een notabel boexcken van cokeryen" by Thomas
> van der Noot, printed in
> 1510
>
> "Eenen N yeuwen coock boeck" by Willem
> Vorsterman, printed in 1560.
>
> Are any of these manuscripts available
> translated/untranslated, online
> or in a book modern enough to be in a library?
>
> I'm happy to do some digging but I might be
> re-inventing the wheel here
> and someone might already know a heap about
> this topic...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Drake.

Hi Drakey!

On another SCA list [SCA-Low Countries],
recently, a lady has mentioned that she was
starting to translate this manuscript:

Keukenboek(UB Gent Hs. 1035, 15th century)

which is the one on Dr. Glonings website.  I
don't know how far along she is on this project
or what she intends to do with her translations
when she finishes.  I will let you know when I
find out.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.