[Sca-cooks] Dutch Food

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 13 20:40:43 PST 2002

Master Drake asked:
> Need some help...  I'm trying to get together some info for a friend on
> Dutch cooking.  So far I have 4 potential sources:
>
> "Een vijftiende eeuws Zuid Nederlands kookboek", 1473,
>
> A manuscript, a collection of recipes from Gent, has no name and is
> estimated to have been written between 1490 and 1525.
>
> "Een notabel boexcken van cokeryen" by Thomas van der Noot, printed in
> 1510
>
> "Eenen N yeuwen coock boeck" by Willem Vorsterman, printed in 1560.
>
> Are any of these manuscripts available translated/untranslated, online
> or in a book modern enough to be in a library?

You might check these Florilegium files for any more referances:

fd-Lw-Cntries-msg  (4K)  1/17/01    Period food of the Low Countries.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Lw-Cntries-msg.html

p-Dutch-food-bib   (6K)  4/30/01    A Bibliography on period Dutch food by
                                        Thomas Gloning.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/p-Dutch-food-bib.html

Thanks for these manuscript referances.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com