[Sca-cooks] Cost of feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 13 21:03:25 PST 2002

Olwen said:
> I have at hand here an example of a feast that, actually, I was head cook
> for back last year at Garb Wars.  Can't recall the cost of feast though, but
> most likely it was the 6 or 7 dollar price.
> The menu looked like this;
> First course~
> Tart for an Ember Day
> Pickled mushrooms
> Gravlax

Did you make or buy this? If the former, can you post your
recipe or directions please?

> Tea Eggs
> Bread/butter/cheese
> *between, jelly in lemon peel

Was this a jelly served in half a lemon peel? An interesting
presentation idea. Recipe? Was this simply to be eaten with
a spoon? or put on something?

> Second course~
> Roasted beef served on bed of frumunty with horseradish sauce
> Fried spinach
> Spicy chickpeas
> *between, milk jellies with mint

recipes? Do you mean just decorated with a few sprigs of mint?
Or something else?

> Third course~
> Grilled lamb
> Saffron rice