[Sca-cooks] crown tourney menu

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Tue Nov 12 15:15:32 PST 2002

The price as published was $8 with $2 off for members, I think $5 for kids
twelve and under and under 5 free (I'm not as sure about kid prices as both
of mine are teens). The menu differed from that listed in the event notice
as follows: There was to be a salad with raspberry vinegrette, assorted
breads and butters (not just french), a medley of fall vegetables that
turned out to be a small quarter of acorn squash and dessert wich turned out
to be Mrs. Smith's style pies. All in all it was a hearty enough meal for a
small event and I guess I just thought it would be embellished more for
coronation. I have not seen any of our feasts here done as fund-raisers. I
did hear that the cook had mundane stuff come up and maybe someone (with a
hat) had asked for a simpler meal or they ended up shopping at full price at
the last minute. Although I did see what looked like special food for the
head table it's not unheard of and hard to tell from a distance. It's just
that so many of my good friends are starting to talk about not going to
feasts any more, and I haven't even gotten a chance to cook one yet! At
least not by myself for the evening meal, I've been on a lot of crews where
someone else was running things and choosing the menu. I mean, I don't want
to learn tasty period cooking just for my mundane family and competition and
meet everyone at Denny's when its time for feast.

Cecily