[Sca-cooks] Introduction

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 14 08:18:38 PST 2002

>Hi, I'm Sheri (Marian Lemarchand)
>I've been involved in the SCA for
>a few years now, and am still learning.
>I look forward to seeing what
>others have to say. :)
>
>Sheri
>Marian Lemarchand

Greetings Sheri.  (at least we can tell what sex this new one is!)
Welcome to the list.  As you may or may not have already seen, we often talk
about food, mostly period food but not always.  If you look in the subject
line, many of us are pretty good about putting an OT or OOP for stuff not on
topic or out of period, but sometimes we don't.  Sometimes we get new folks
on the list that think because this is called the SCA cooks list that we
should only be talking about period recipes, food, redactions and cooking.
Not so.  We do that a lot, but as in all well balanced extended families
(like we have become), there is a lot of silliness and a good sprinkling of
compassion.  There is also the heated 'discussion' from time to time.  Any
of these you or the other new folks to the list can either jump into, over,
or around at any time.  If you want some thread to change, change it with a
little persuasive manuvering or wait a day or two and it will die of it's
own accord, or failing that, Popa Gunthar, the evil list administrator, will
kill it with one fell swoop.  Well, again, welcome to you and the others and
remember!>>>TAKE PICTURES!!
Olwen