[Sca-cooks] Menu

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 14 21:20:12 PST 2002

On 14 Nov 2002, at 12:33, Kirsten Houseknecht wrote:

> well.... if any of your vegetarians are allergic to onions. it could be.
> otherwise no
> (just for the record, many people who can eat fully cooked onions cannot eat
> them raw. so state of cooking matters too)

I'm planning to cook the onions fairly thoroughly.  I still might
consider replacing the gourds with another vegetable dish, or
maybe another recipe for gourds.

> how many vegetarian dishes are in the menu..

Lessee...  there's the fruits and bread at the beginning, carrot pie
(contains cheese), the fava beans, saffron rice w/ egg yolks,
gourds with onions and cheese, and everything in the dessert
course (nuts, olives, cheese, dried fruits, cookies).  I would
probably advise a vegan to eat off-board, but an ovo-lacto vegetarian
shouldn't go hungry.

>i mean if there are *three* and
> two have onions...... then any one onion allergic will have problems. if
> there are 7 or 8...... its different.
>
> perhaps a notice that "onions are heavily featured in the vegetarian
> dishes.. if you have a onion problem let me know as soon as possible" would
> do?

The event notice gives my contact information for anyone with
questions.  I think that, and a detailed list of ingredients posted in
the hall, should probably be sufficient.