[Sca-cooks] Period vegetarianism, 'Lainie looses her cool

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Fri Nov 15 19:19:30 PST 2002

Was written:

> In the SCA we seem to have a tacit agreement that any device or clothing
used
> for health purposes Is Not Seen.  This includes items from eyeglasses to
modern
> wheelchairs to medicine inhalers.  As our population ages, and it's doing
so
> even as we speak, there will be more instances of such.  This will be a
> difficult personal decision time for the most authenticity-conscious
amongst
> us.  To choose an example familiar to this list:  if Duke Cariadoc is ever
> confined to a wheelchair [may Allah forbid such calamity!], will he quit
> participating in the SCA?  I dearly hope not, for he has much to
contribute
> besides his purely authentic presentation.

Nay!  Nay!  I say nay!  I can see the Good Duke quite comfortably ensconced
in a palanquin... nothing to fancy just a comfy tote about as it were.
Palanquin rental limos... darn good idea.  Get some young stalwarts with
excess energy to burn and offer cabin/tent to hall service.  Limos for the
land fund... that's the ticket!

Daniel Raoul