[Sca-cooks] Embroidered table linens again

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 17 21:07:16 PST 2002

Three weeks ago, I would have said embroidered. Two weeks ago I got a
quick look at some pictures of the Perugia towels, which I hadn't known
anything about, and that's pretty much what they look like...  So now I
think quite possibly woven, and I need to learn more about Perugia linens!

They were animals and birds, etc. They were dark blue, They were pairs
facing each other, repeated across the fabric. I don't know how they
were done... draw loom? Maybe? When were they invented? Seem too
repetitive for pick up... but that's pure guesswork. Add them to the
list of my  future research projects...

Actually, I'll try asking around...

Anne