[Sca-cooks] Embroidered table linens again

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Nov 18 05:41:18 PST 2002

http://www.geocities.com/karen_larsdatter/feastgear.htm which is
Mistress Karen's one webpage lists the pictures but does not say that
they are Perugian borders. She does note that she thinks that in The
Marriage at Cana at http://www.nga.gov/cgi-bin/pinfo?Object=41382+0+none
"The tablecloth has ornate decoration -- possibly embroidery, or very
complicated brocading." This is another that I had come across earlier
this fall.
Huette has commented and I agree that viewing these artworks on
the web has many drawbacks depending on one's vision and how
good a monitor we are using. It may take some trips to a good
fine ats library to find printed images with enough details to
tell us what we want to know.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway