[Sca-cooks] Betan earring explanation

Carol Eskesen Smith BrekkeFranksdottir at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 9 19:50:54 PST 2002

For those who don't read sci-fi, Betan earrings are from Lois McMaster Bujold's Miles Vorkosigan series, and refer to an informal code set up by the Betans (who are, to say the least, liberated), in which particular earrings have specific meaning:

Looking/opposite sex
looking/same sex
Involved with someone
(etc).

Useful, I suspect, if I read the books aright...  I recommend them for your light reading pleasure, if you like sci-fi.

Regards,
Brekke