[Sca-cooks] Re: SCA Assisted living!

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 18 14:01:42 PST 2002

"Martin G. Diehl" wrote:

> Susan Fox-Davis wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > As our population ages, and it's doing so even as we
> > speak, there will be more instances of such.
>
> Is there any truth to the rumor of an assisted-living
> encampment at Pennsic?
>
> [snip]
>
> Vincenzo

Lovely idea.  I don't know. Do you mean assistance for the elderly, or
for younger but otherwise impaired folks [blind, etc.]?  Our listmate
Gorgeous Muirdeach goes to Pennsic and I don't think he has to rely on
any "assistance" but his own wheels.

I do know that the elderly folks I have known who still do wars, usually
do so with the help of their respective households.  My late mentor
Mistress Catriona "Mama Cat" went joyously to Potrero Wars well into her
70's, helped by various members of the Barony of the Angels.  Her SCA
"family" were the ones who looked after her at the end of her life, and
attended to her effects afterwards.  The only relative I ever saw during
those days was her daughter, also SCA.  Like any old fashioned family,
we take care of our own.

Selene Colfox, retired protege'e