[Sca-cooks] EK 12th night

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 18 14:15:20 PST 2002

> > Wouldn't one normally assume that an all day dayboard, especially one in
> > lieu of a feast, would indeed have food all day long? Or is my
> > inexperience showing? (Which is the reason I'm asking - I'm guessing
> > there's something I don't know.)
>
> Last year's dayboard was not advertised as all-day, but there was food all
> day... while a series of disasters struck the previous year, so that there
> were food supply problems, I am told. The situation there was complex, but
> it has subjected the hosting group to enough complaint already, I think.

Heh.  I remember a Caid Twelfth Night like that.  Huette was running the
evening banquet, I was running a "breakfast" operation in a tiny kitchenette
and a good-sized sitting-room in the same church grounds.  The weather that
day was soggy wet so nobody wanted to drive offsite for food.  The breakfast
bar became a lunch bar, we had to invent lunch-like goodies out of the
ingredients at hand [I had packed a rosette iron so breakfast eggs and milk
and flour became cookies, etc.]  We managed not to pester Huette too much
about it.  I never got to the banquet, nor saw my husband's subtletie except
in photos afterwards.  But the populace was well served, so I'm content.

Selene Colfox