[Sca-cooks] EK 12th night

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 17:07:18 PST 2002

--- Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Heh.  I remember a Caid Twelfth Night like
> that.  Huette was running the
> evening banquet, I was running a "breakfast"
> operation in a tiny kitchenette
> and a good-sized sitting-room in the same
> church grounds.  The weather that
> day was soggy wet so nobody wanted to drive
> offsite for food.  The breakfast
> bar became a lunch bar, we had to invent
> lunch-like goodies out of the
> ingredients at hand [I had packed a rosette
> iron so breakfast eggs and milk
> and flour became cookies, etc.]  We managed not
> to pester Huette too much
> about it.  I never got to the banquet, nor saw
> my husband's subtletie except
> in photos afterwards.  But the populace was
> well served, so I'm content.
>
> Selene Colfox

Pester me?  If you did, you were very subtle
about it, 'cos I don't remember being pestered by
you at all.  I do remember that you did insist on
feeding us cooks lunch, so that we didn't have to
think about lunch at all.  It was great food and
just what we needed.

I got to see all the subtleties from that
banquet, but no one ever thought to give me
photos of them for my memory book.  :-(  I would
give my entire life savings [all of a $1.50] for
photos of Jared's Sea Monster subteltie, and the
Marzipan and Cottage Cheese life-sized sheep's
head done by a lady from Califia.  Sigh.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.