[Sca-cooks] Re: Wheelchairs, bit of a rant was Re: [ ] sedan chairs

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Mon Nov 18 17:24:41 PST 2002

The modern reaction I've gotten from people, when trying to survive without
my glasses, was that I seemed 'stoned', not something I particularily want
to come to peoples minds. I live with modern people with modern attitudes,
even though I try to bring the best of earlier times to my life. I have
always explained to new people that it is a courtesy to look past the
mundane objects we can't leave behind in the modern world, such as my
glasses or my walking shoes (that have saved me from surgery) or my son's
knee braces or someone elses wheelchair, or an unfortunate use of a modern
trim or fabric! I choose to see the attempts we do make to bring our world
to life.

Cecily