[Sca-cooks] Looking for an sources of:

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 19 09:30:49 PST 2002

Olwen writes:

> Amanda, what is your address?  I can send you a bag of Nigela.  I can easily
> get black sesame at the Middle Eastern market.

Nigella is not black sesame, those are sesame seeds before the black hull is
removed to reveal the familiar pearly hue..  Nigella IS sometimes labelled
"black caraway" even though it is not really caraway nor does it taste like it.
It is about the same size and shape, I suppose.

I first discovered nigella seeds embedded in Armenian-style string cheese, the
real kind that looks like a skein of yarn, not the Americanized lunchbox
version.  Yummy.  I let my favorite fiber-head, Lady Meghan Paget play with some
once, and she actually managed to crochet it. <goggle>

Selene Colfox, Caid