[Sca-cooks] hats, andperiod spectacles

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Tue Nov 19 09:36:50 PST 2002

<cross posted to the garb list. for obvious reasons>

i wish more people would come up politely and offer to HELP.
i dont know anything about hats. and i have problems understanding the
directions and printed instructions about hats....

(i dont deal with it for some reason.. it doesnt "process" well)

but the lady who sold me a hat.. well let me explain how to get a non hat
wearer to wear a hat.

me "those sure are pretty hats"
"would you like to try one on?"
"no, i dont wear hats.."
"ah? what kind of clothes do you wear in period?"
"uh.. sideless surcoats mostly.... i was trying to go for Elizabethan, but
that would be special occasion only"
"well.. *these* hats would have been worn with various surcoats.... what
area is your persona from?"
"Germany, i havent figured exactly where.."

<followed by a good ten minutes of trying on hats. and explanations of how
to pin the veil>

i walked away, but i was back with cash the next day and i got my hat.
i would NOT be wearing ahat if she hadnt been willing to explain how to wear
it. and which one went with my garb...
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."