[Sca-cooks] hats, andperiod spectacles

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 19 10:02:08 PST 2002

At 12:36 PM 11/19/02 -0500, you wrote:

>i wish more people would come up politely and offer to HELP.
>i dont know anything about hats. and i have problems understanding the
>directions and printed instructions about hats....

Directions and printed instructions? Huh?

>but the lady who sold me a hat.. well let me explain how to get a non hat
>wearer to wear a hat.
<snip>

I hear you. However, those who know me would tell you that like many hat
advocates, if anything I am TOO helpful in my enthusiasm. And I tend to
travel with pencil and paper, if not books, for impromptu teaching...

I remember tha first time my _hair_ was out to view at an event. A very
cute young man of my acquiantance assumed that I was, er, _shopping_.

OFC, sorta- I've discovered taht I'm  lots more comfortable int he camp
kitchen if I have my hair completely done and hat or turbanned veils on. My
hair stays out of my face and out of your food. :-)

'Lainie