[Sca-cooks] Re: Rose Sugar

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 19 14:49:04 PST 2002

Greetings.  Maire wrote:
>Does anyone have any idea if they left the rose petals in the
sugar, or
>were they removed at some part?
>Also, is there anything about using other fragrant flowers?

The recipe I posted gave no indication.  Johnnae guesses that the
petals might have been taken out, and I would guess so as well.  I'm
not sure how well two-month old petals would crush up, or if they
would be a tasty addition to the sugar.

Violet sugar was also made and was very popular.  However, I don't
have the PPC nearby to see if the recipe is the same or if the
violets would have been crushed to release their oils which would be
added to the sugar.

Alys Katharine