Subject: [Sca-cooks] Airbed vs. Futon vs. Rope bed

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Wed Nov 20 06:40:47 PST 2002

At 06:10 AM 11/20/02,deborah minyard said something like:

>But check the weight rating I think it's 150 or 175 a side.  If you go over
>this it will die after a few nights.
>

>Debbie Minyard

I slept just fine on mine when I was around 300 lbs. It did require the
'recharge' before sleeping on really cold nights, but it has held up
remarkably well.  I reinforced the edges by sticking one of those closed
foam cell sleeping mats under the mattress and over the frame part down the
side where you sit (just after waking up in the morning). It's workable
without the pad, but if you chose the wrong spot, like over where all the
supports meet, the goosing sensation is a tad unnerving.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.