[Sca-cooks] Butter Paste = French Puffin?

Wed Nov 20 13:59:48 PST 2002

I would say you got it.

While the recipe doesn't specifically say flour, I'm betting that it is
understood from the word "paste."  Butter, eggs, and sugar make butter cream
icing and they don't make a very flexible "paste" even with horrendous
amounts of sugar.

What I think they are doing, and I won't be certain until I try this, is
making a simple version of puff pastry.

I was looking for the odd bread recipe I missed and instead I got an early
version of Danish pastry.

Bear