[Sca-cooks] **cookie exchange** Anzacs

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Thu Nov 21 19:03:55 PST 2002

Kiriel wrote:
> If you can possibly find it do use golden syrup and not corn syrup; they are quite different in taste, golden syrup having a taste a bit like brown sugar.

And if you can't find golden syrup, perhaps use treacle mixed with some
other milder-flavoured syrup like corn syrup?  You're going for that
raw brown sugar sort of taste, not just sweetness.  Golden syrup is a
couple of shades darker than most commercial honeys, but not as dark as
treacle.

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/