[Sca-cooks] cook books

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Nov 22 19:59:19 PST 2002

Kirsten asked:
 > what sources do you suggest a *reasonably new* SCA cook. or cook interested
> in old recipes...... buy?
>
> and on a related note... any you absolutely do NOT recomend?
For both of these questions I would recommend this file in the

FOOD-BOOKS section of the Florilegium:

cookbooks-bib     (40K)  6/ 9/01    Cookbook bib. by Mistress Jaelle of Armida.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BOOKS/cookbooks-bib.html
Mistress Jaelle rates each book listed as to whether it is good or not.

There are also some reviews on specific books or manuscripts such as:
cb-rv-Apicius-msg (51K)  5/21/02    Reviews of cookbooks having Apicius recipes.
cb-rv-Platina-msg (21K)  2/21/01    Reviews of cookbooks having Platina recipes.

This one might also be good to look through:

cb-novices-msg    (13K) 10/14/98    Cookbooks for those new to medieval cooking.

And then there are the message files that discuss various books and

manuscripts which include messages from this list and others...
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com