[Sca-cooks] National Libary of France

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 22 19:32:05 PST 2002

On 22 Nov 2002, at 5:56, Louise Smithson wrote:

> I saw this message and almost started drooling.  Now
> if only my french was good enough to work out how to
> navigate the site and see what other Italian MS they
> have.
> Helewyse

It's not your French.  My French is adequate for these purposes,
but the site does not allow you to restrict searches by language or
date.  It's a frustrations.  One thing I found that works -- the "Mots
du titre" is a keyword search on the title field.  Try putting in
common words that are likely to be in most titles.  To find English
books, I used "by".  For Italian... maybe things like "per" and "di".
You'd know better than I.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net