[Sca-cooks] roasting meat question

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 24 11:20:44 PST 2002

> A while back I read about a feast where they roasted a steer, stuffed with a
> deer, stuffed with a pig, then a lamb, then a goose, then a ...... I am sure
> none of this is in the right order, but it was a bunch of animals, a smaller
> one in the cavity of the next larger, and so on and so on, etc.
>
> Question..Does anyone have any idea what I am referring to? Any idea where
> or even how I would check?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Isabella

Culinary Taxidermy - stuffing foods with other foods
http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Culinary_20Taxidermy

Whole Stuffed Camel recipe from Saudi Arabia
Camel stuffed with lambs stuffed with chickens stuffed with eggs, rice in any
space that was left
http://home.tiac.net/~cri/1997/camel.html

Illustrated procedure for the Turducken
http://casa.colorado.edu/~kachun/tdc_recipe.shtml

Know that I mean it in the nicest possible way when I say:  get stuffed!

Best, Selene Colfox