[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 07:48:30 PST 2002

I will be going over to Master Chirharts house along with Morningstar and a
few of her friends.  Every year as many household and/or apprentices get
together so it is wall to wall people and dogs.  There are usually 4 or 5
turkeys cooked different ways, from traditional to deep fried.  Lots of
fresh pumpkins are baked whole and turned into massive pies.  Folks bring
along different offerings and the food overflows the main table into the
sideboard and the kitchen as folks wander about chatting, playing, mischief
making, picture taking, showing off projects, grumbling about mundainia and
teasing children and dogs.  Chirhart and Bec have a really big ol victorian
house with a three story barn partially convered to a workshop and the whole
place is overrun with 'brothers and sisters' and kids.  It is a happy time,
often we get to share with 'siblings' who live out of town far away.  This
year thanksgiving day is also Morningstars 21st birthday so a number of us
are taking her out on the town at some point.
I havent' decided what I am going to make for the day.  I am leaning towards
pie.  I know I have to make a birthday cake too.
Olwen