[Sca-cooks] Leftovers, to leave or not to leave.

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Mon Nov 25 17:14:25 PST 2002

I have a friend who is studying part time and working part time.  Each fortnight she hosts a potluck off-pay-week dinner party. Each of us brings a dish made up of whatever we have in the house. There is always far too much food so the question of leftovers occurs each week.  Basically all of us leave the left overs for her, so she doesn't have to buy food for a couple of days.  Its a way of letting us as friends, contribute to her.

I would pretty much always leave my leftovers with the host, asking them if they have a container to transfer the contents into before I go; the exceptions have been when I have been completely penniless, in which case I apologetically ask if they mind if I take them home.

Kiriel