[Sca-cooks] 44 lb turkey

chirhart_1 chirhart_1 at netzero.net
Tue Nov 26 10:46:09 PST 2002

I used to get my turkey from a little country store now defunct (Due to the
larger stores moving in to town)They bought them in bulk not by weight.I had
put in my order for "The biggest turkey they could get me"so they would give
me the biggest they got in Not many people wanted birds that big It was not
until years later the man selling the turkeys to the store found out he had
birds weighing that much!Needless to say he started selling his birds by the
pound after that. I never had a problem fitting the bird in my oven although
they did fit snugly in the old roster pan.Now that more people come to
dinner I buy 5 turkeys and got creative in ways of fixing
them.Smoked,baked,deep-fried brined and BBQ,d.

from Chirhart