[Sca-cooks] White Castle

Angie Malone alm4 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 26 08:02:17 PST 2002

At 09:54 AM 11/26/02 -0600, you wrote:
I'd heard of White Castle burgers for years and people saying they were
>the greatest thing since....well, white hamburger buns I guess. So
>on a trip to Pennsic I convinced my travel mates to pull into a White
>Castle so i could enjoy this mana from the gods.
>
>I was less than overwhelmed.
>Ick.
>
>Gunthar

I've never been able to pull into a white castle and 'enjoy' the burgers,
I've only had frozen ones (cheeseburgers) from the grocery store, but
listening to my Dad talk about them, it was an icon sort of thing I think,
because they are about the size of a large saltine crackers it was "how
many can you eat" and they apparently were inexpensive.  They do have a
certain taste, at least the frozen ones do.  Dad also said they tasted a
lot better 30 or 40 years ago.

         Angeline