[Sca-cooks] steirbach holiday fair

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:38:25 PST 2002

>after my computer finally decided to talk to me again...
>
>i was happy to meet several people from the list (Hi!!!) and viciously
>force
>them to try out an experimental food.
>(my attempts at bread baking)
>now bread is.. well. bread.. the basic recipe hasnt changed much.  but is
>there a lot of documentation on flavored breads? on bread with seeds or
>other additions?
>
>i also noticed,when i finally got a few minutes to leave my booth, that
>there was a whole STAND full of honey at the other end of the room.  i went
>kinda berserk and bought the gallon jar of Rasberry honey.. so i am *quite*
>interested in honey recipes!
>
>Kirsten

Yup!  I was fortunate enough to meet Kirsten *and* try her delicious
multi-grain bread!  It was fun to hear her story about making it.  I kinda
wanted to try the whole wheat bread as well but did not want to seem greedy.
  Both the loaves looked very pretty and the texture was even.  Not like the
lumps of stone that I can turn out on a moments notice!
The honey folks are really nice.  They seem to expand every time I see them.
  I would have done some shopping there but that corner of the hall was
occupied by folks who sold incense and essential oils so my asthma said
nono.
Olwen