[Sca-cooks] Chestnuts - OOP (?)

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:45:25 PST 2002

Funny.  This brought back the first memory I have of my mother cooking.  She
placed a whole tray of chestnuts in the oven to roast.  She did not puncture
the shells.  When the explosions began, we all ran to the kitchen (why do
people to that?) to investigate.  She threw open the oven door and we
quickly found ourselves taking cover behind the upended kitchen table as
burning hot nuts propelled and ricochet all around us.  Ya.
As for hard sauce?  It may not be bad, but not my taste.
Olwen