[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green beans was Turkey, again!

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 26 12:09:15 PST 2002

The version of this I'm familiar with, first you cook the bacon, then the
cut beans are sauted in the bacon fat for a while, then a little
water is added to the beans to finish cooking them.  I can see where dried
beans might require significantly longer times and might prove mushy.

Oh and it's not just a southern thang.  This method of preparing green beans
alos occurs in the Midwest.

Bear