[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green beans was Turkey, again!

P. A. Stonnell hlisobel at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 28 00:44:46 PST 2002

Not really, but almost.  Paternial grandfather was from Yorkshire,
materinal was from Bedlington, Northumberland (near Newcastle-on-Tyne).
But that side of the family were Davison's, one of my great-greats (not
sure how many) was Scots, came south to help build a railroad (was an
engineer) and never went back to the other side of the border.

On the other hand, all my grandparents call rutabaga turnips and so did
the grocery stores when I was young.  And they all used the bashed neeps
name was well.

Isobel fitz Gilbert