[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green beans was Turkey, again!

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Tue Nov 26 12:47:02 PST 2002

I like canned green beans, can't eat frozen due to the texture, and prefer
home grown/canned. Green beans are the only non-raw veggie, besides fresh
corn on-the cob I can get my kids to eat, and I add bacon, onion and garlic
to fancy them up. I grew up in Washington state with parents whose parents
were immigrants who abandoned just about everything to be American,
including cooking from the old country. Other than the scrambled egg dish I
cooked for the breakfast competition (it went well with the pain perdu!) I
have no other family recipes that date earlier then the fifties. My gift
from the family was a taste for home-canning and homemade jams and jellies.

Cecily