[Sca-cooks] sugar substitutes, may be off topic

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 26 16:43:32 PST 2002

'Lainie asked:
> I do agree with your about Nutrasweet. I don't like it and one soda is
> enough to lay me out flat with a migraine.

Well, I like it. The regular soda tastes syrupy to me, now.
Still, I think the artificial sweetener I liked the best was the
cyclumates (sp?) which they took off the market in 1968 or so.

> Hey Stefan- is any of teh the sugar/fake sugar stuff in your files? We've
> talked this one to death before, haven't we?
Nope. Yes, we have. But it isn't a period food, so a bit off-topic for

the Florilegium. However, if someone would like to write me an article
on using sugar substitutes in period recipes, I'd certainly consider
adding that to the Florilegium.

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com