OOP White Castle (Was Re: [Sca-cooks] OOP - Green beans was Turkey, again!)

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 17:41:42 PST 2002

 Lord Boroghul Khara <boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com> wrote:
. If not White Castle,
then Krystal....I think they're the same company

I don't know if they are the same company.  Krystal's was a part of my childhood.  In the '50's there was one in Downtown Columbus, Ga (my childhood home.)  Growing up as one of four kids of an honest cop who wouldn't let his wife work, we rarely got fast food.  When we did, it was a bag of Krystal's.  I think it is because of that that I find them such a "comfort food."  Unfortunately, the chain seems to be limited to the Deep South.  At any rate, there are none here in Arizona.  I find the frozen White Castle's much less flavorful.  Kind of insipid.  A Krystal is a small square of steamed gound beef on a steamed dinner roll, with a dallop of salad mustard, some tiny diced, cooked onion, and a slice of dill pickle.  Nothing in it to write home about, but I can eat about a dozen when I'm in the mood.

Mordonna

Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Atenveldt, Atenveldt