[Sca-cooks] sugar substitutes, may be off topic

Avraham haRofeh goldberg at bestweb.net
Wed Nov 27 04:06:40 PST 2002

> the Diabetesweet has what my husband described as "sugar alchohols" in
> addition to the Ace k.. so i figured it might be a better tasting mix than
> whatever they had years ago.....

Sugar alcohols are things like sorbitol and xylitol, which have been kicking
around as artifical sweetners for years. They give the sensation of being
sweet without triggering the insulin response, which is why they're good for
diabetics - but they're still carbohydrates, and still have calories.

Avraham

Avraham haRofeh of Northpass
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
RandomTag: Treat the Earth as you would your Mother... It is.

---