[Sca-cooks] Sugar Free Meringue

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Thu Nov 28 05:47:23 PST 2002

Also sprach Terry Decker:
>The meringue works but didn't get to where I wanted it either due to the use
>of Splenda or bad technique (I do need practice).

My own experience suggests a meringue made with Splenda is sort of...
insubstantial. I think the Splenda, in spite of the little bit of
maltodextrin, simply doesn't have the polymer-extension capability of
sugar. Or something like that. In safe layman's terms, it just
doesn't get syrupy enough. Maybe a syrup with glycerine or something
like that?

Adamantius