[Sca-cooks] Re: Time fantasy article/wedgies

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Thu Nov 28 21:50:54 PST 2002

I dunno, Margaret, but when I read that part of the article, I did a big
"huh?" ("wedgie" meaning pretty much the same thing in my part of the US
as your part of Oz).
The mish-mash of roleplaying and interest in fantasy and reenactment
didn't strike me as an exactly well-thought out bit of research (hit me
more like a chatty article in an entertainment magazine, but maybe
that's just me).  I also found the implication in the article that all
of this interest is New!New!New! to be a bit deceptive.  And we're
*hardly* the only reenactment group out in the world these days...maybe
some LARP stuff would have been a good inclusion.
Oh, well...I gotta go to bed so I can work tomorrow, and afford the
Harry Potter tickets <weg>.  We're going tomorrow night...either that,
or the new Muppet Movie on t.v.!
OFC: I was responsible for making the stuffed eggs for today's potluck
Thanksgiving dinner.  I ended up sieving the egg yolks to get them to
the right mashed consistency.  Worked beautifully, bless those medieval
techniques.  I also pretty nearly mistook my container of saunders for
my container of paprika! (dark spice cabinet, okay? <g>) Now how many
people could say _that_? ;-D
--Maire