[Sca-cooks] First Turkey Jitters--Brine it!!!

Marilyn Hillvic hillvicus at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 29 01:36:05 PST 2002

> Avraham haRofeh wrote:
> do NOT use garbage bags for this purpose ( or
> tossing salad, or anything else to
> do with food!)  Garbage bags often include odor
> inhibiting adddtives, etc that
> should not come into contact with food.  Only use
> food grade bags for food

Faerisa,
  Wow! Thanks for letting me know. I got that advice
from the magazine it was published in.Must find the
original article and let the author know. The garbage
bags I buy don't have any perfumes, ect but I'll sub
the oven roaster bags in for that if I need them
again. I do use zip locs for marinating other meats.
Now I brine in a huge stock pot, non-aluminum, that I
own one big enough.
         --Marion, the better educated now